Skip to main content
Service Entrance

Where electrical power enters a building or other source, the National Electrical Code (NEC) requires electrical distribution equipment rated as "Service Entrance." Such service equipment usually consists of one main breaker disconnect or space for up to 6 main disconnects. Midwest models meet these NEC requirements and are UL listed as service entrance equipment.

Service entrance products are typically utilized on single family residences and mobile homes. Additionally, service entrance for mobile homes is generally located within 30 feet of the mobile home. This location requirement by the NEC and the common use of underground service feeders, combine to make service entrance on a pedestal the preferred installation method by many park owners. Midwest also offers a wide selection of surface units for single family residences and mobile home sites.