Surface Mounted Service Entrance
Where electrical power enters a building or other source, the National Electrical Code (NEC) requires electrical distribution equipment rated as "Service Entrance." Such service equipment usually consists of one main breaker disconnect or space for up to 6 main disconnects. Midwest models meet these NEC requirements and are UL listed as service entrance equipment.
Service entrance products are typically utilized on single family residences and mobile homes. Midwest offers a wide selection of surface units for single family residences and mobile home sites.
Features and Benefits
- Rated for use as service equipment
- NEMA 3R weatherproof enclosure
- G90 galvanized steel construction for superior corrosion protection
- Durable polyester powder coat finish resists chipping and fading
- Metered and unmetered construction available up to 200 Amps
- All-in-one construction available up to 400 Amps
- Segregated meter compartment for utility power protection
- Weather resistant and tamper resistant GFCI duplex receptacles
- Horn bypass comes standard on ringless metered units
- Cu/Al rated field terminations
- Factory installed Cu/Al equipment ground lug
- Padlock provision to prevent unauthorized entry